Sharks are kind of ridiculous, right? Sure, was all kinds of terrifying, but in more recent years, have repeatedly tried to replicate the terror of Spielberg’s classic with little success.
Nowadays, we have genetically engineered sharks in Deep Blue Sea, spinning sharks caught in lethal Sharknado’s and even
While it’s hard to deny that this is pretty j-awesome stuff, these bat-shit crazy movies are actually kind of tame compared to the sharks we see in comics. No, really. Trust us. We have ghost sharks, space sharks, hell, we even have Hulk sharks.
1. That time Thor chastised his space-shark for not being fast enough. Lazy ass space-shark.
2. That time Shark-Girl was pissed off when a guy covered in eyeballs tried her give her life tips.
3. That time Batman was a terrible guest and tried to snap a shark’s spine in his own home. Rude.
4. That time Grizzly Shark and Sea Bear had a hilarious mix-up that resulted in dozens of shark-related deaths on land.
5. That time Batman and Green Lantern realised that they really shouldn’t f**k with Aquaman and his team of giant pet sharks. Seamen for the win!
6. That time the Ghostbusters fought a giant Ghost Shark on land because, comics.
7. That time Hook Jaw tried to rescue the bad reputation of sharks everywhere by only eating criminals and general ne’er do-wellers.
8. That time Archie fought a Sharknado which was somehow even stranger than
9. That time Hulk fought Hulk sharks because ‘Hulk Vs Regular Sharks’ doesn’t quite have the same ring to it.
10. And finally, that time King Shark worried that people might confuse him for King Goldfish or King Squirrel or some other shit.
For more shark related goodies, check out this video that shows when The Flash TV show really did jump the shark.
What do you think is the craziest shark-related moment in comics?
The day someone green-lights a Marvel Zombies Ghibli film directed by Xavier Dolan is the day I will be happy. Any day now…