WARNING: Spoilers ahead for the season finale of The Bachelorette! If you don’t know which former professional athlete JoJo chose, be sure to now before reading any further.
Last night, the dramatic 12th season of The Bachelorette finally came to a close. With one semi-wilted rose and a behemoth of a Neil Lane engagement ring, the hopes and dreams of one of JoJo Fletcher’s suitors/former professional athletes were dashed.
It came as a shock to absolutely no one when the fetching JoJo chose Green Bay Packer Aaron Rodgers’ younger brother Jordan to be her betrothed and sent Robby Hayes packing, but that didn’t stop Twitter from heading into an absolute firestorm over her decision. As is always the case, social media proved to best sum up our feelings over the three-hour-long television event. Here are some of the best Tweets of the evening:
1. When This Cake Spoke The Truth
Ready for the finale tonight!!
— Mallory (@malllorydowd)
2. When It Was Clear Robby Was Trying A Little Too Hard
Robby is going for parental approval with all the totally genuine authenticity of JoJo’s mom’s upper lip.
— Geoff LaTulippe (@DrGMLaTulippe)
3. When You Finally Realize Why JoJo’s Dad Looks So Familiar
Jojo’s dad is straight outta Guess Who? “Does he have a mustache? Glasses? Hair?” “No” FLIP DOWN
— Michelle Collins (@michcoll)
4. When You Were Disappointed By JoJo’s Brothers
Why were Jojo’s brothers so tame? I was counting on them!!!
— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA)
5. When Robby Made Possibly The Least-Appealing Case Of All Time
Jojo: what will our life be like
Robby: gonna burn a meatloaf
Jojo: wow babe i love you
— Connor Finnegan (@ConnorFinnegan)
6. When Host Chris Harrison Mentioned Aaron Rodgers For The 100th Time
Aaron Rodgers at home watching like…
— Kaylie Shaw (@kaylieannshaw)
7. When JoJo Completely Ignored Her Family, Because JORDAN
jojo: my family’s opinions mean the WORLD to me jojo’s family: we like robbie jojo:
— danica (@doncheadlefan1)
8. When The Whole Thing Was A Lose-Lose Situation
It’s hard to choose between two men but I recommend throwing your hands in the air and saying…
— Olivia Caridi (@OliviaCaridi)
9. When Jordan Might As Well Have Thrown JoJo’s Parents A Text
Jesus Jordan, you couldn’t even FaceTime when asking for their daughter’s hand in marriage? Have some class man
— Chief (@BarstoolChief)
10. When Robbie Was Eager But We All Low-Key Knew
me when Robbie said I’m gonna be engaged when I walk out of there
— – (@ziarrying)
11. When JoJo Unleashed This Whammy
JoJo just told the guy she’s NOT choosing “I know you will love me until the day you die.” I mean- wtf?
— Sarah Colonna (@sarahcolonna)
12. When Robby’s Swimming Skills Finally Had The Opportunity To Shine
This is where we finally see Robby’s former competitive swim skills after he jumps in the ocean and swims away.
— Sean Lowe (@SeanLowe09)
13. When Nick Viall Found Solace In This Fact
At least it wasn’t me again ..
— Nick Viall (@viallnicholas28)
14. When The Most Obvious Possible Ending Took Place
wow, chooses the most famous of the jobless dudes. shocking
— Jordan Griffin (@jordangee)
15. When Apparently Disney Taught JoJo Nothing
Looks like Anna is falling for Hans all over again…
— Stubborn Girl (@Stubborn_GirI)
16. When We All Lost Interest A Second Later
MY APPLE TV JUST CUT OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PROPOSAL AND SAID “Are you still watching?” and I was like “no tbh”
— Calvin (@aurosan)
17. When It Was Obvious She Chose The Greater Of Two Evils
Selecting the man who will eventually embarrass you in a tabloid is the most moving & somber part of
— Wendy Molyneux (@WendyMolyneux)
18. When The TL;DR For The Entire Season Became Clear
This season of summed up: JoJo- Best taste in clothes, worst taste in men
— Princess Problems (@PrincessProbz)
19. When Chris Harrison Showed Us The Meaning Of Trust Issues
You wanna talk about trust issues? I just sat there for 3 hours and still have no clue who the next bachelor is.
— Maddie Jordan (@madjordan)
Only time will tell if JoJo and Jordan’s love is built to last. Although I wish them the best, I also have the strange feeling that Neil Lane will be getting his ring back sooner than expected. Luckily, Bachelor in Paradise returns tonight to fill the would-be void in our hearts. Thank GOODNESS!
To relive all of the magic and cringe-worthy moments from last night’s finale, where the episode is currently available for streaming.
Who do you think will be the next bachelor?0 Votes
MP Staff Writer, cinephile and resident Slytherclaw // UCLA Alumna // Follow me on Twitter: kristin_lai